Thursday, January 7, 2010

America Through the Eyes of the Artist

Categories: , , ,


(posted by Ryan)

I am proud to announce that I have my first shared photography exhibition opening this month. I will be exhibiting 8 photographs from our Creative Highways project for this exhibit titled "America Through the Eyes of the Artist" with photographers, Staci Grimes and Stacey Ferree.

I was thrilled when the Chambersburg Council for the Arts contacted me about this show because I immediately thought of our Creative Highways project. I had been looking for a way to showcase this work so the timing was perfect.

I am hopeful that people who come to see this show will walk away with a renewed sense of wonder and curiosity for the American landscape. These pictures mean a lot to me and each one tells a story about our country, about the open highway and about the way we, as humans, interact with our environment.

I have poured my heart and soul into these photographs. I remember the temperature, the smell, the exact location and how I was feeling whenever I took these photographs. I meticulously worked through the printing process, burning through too much paper and ink until I had the print as I thought it should be. I even matted and framed these images wearing my winter jacket in the drafty attic space where I keep my matte cutter. It has taken months to get to this point and it feels good to know that from January 15 through February 20 these images will hang in a space meant to share artwork.

Please join me for the opening of this show on Friday, January 15 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM. I would love to have you there.

Here is the press release:
“America Through the Eyes of the Artist” will be on display at the Kaleidoscope Gallery from January 15th through February 20th at 159 South Main Street, Chambersburg. The exhibit will feature photography by Stacey Ferree of Waynesboro, Staci Grimes of Shippensburg and Ryan Smith of Mercersburg. The opening reception will be held on Friday January 15th from 4:30-6:30 PM and will be an opportunity for Gallery patrons to meet the artists.


Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "America Through the Eyes of the Artist"

Post a Comment