Monday, November 23, 2009

Austin City Limits turns 35

Categories: ,

(posted by Ryan)

I believe this is relevant not only because I am fascinated with time lapse photography but also because I love Austin City Limits and have a soft spot in my heart for Pearl Jam. I was only 11-years-old when Ten was released and although I've lost touch with the band over the years, it was this album that began to shape my early teenage years. In 7th grade I wrote all of the words to "Jeremy" in calligraphy for an art project. My mom didn't completely approve of my choice in songs, but we compromised by removing the f-bomb from the lyrics.

From what I understand, this video was created by using over 10,000 still photos. Yep . . . 10,000. Photographer Jonathan Jackson shot a photograph every 6 seconds from 9:09AM – 11:29PM to make this video.

Enjoy!

Pearl Jam / Austin City Limits TV Taping / Time Lapse from Jonathan Jackson on Vimeo.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

2 Response to Austin City Limits turns 35

Hillery
November 28, 2009 at 8:32 AM

As you know, PJ has always been my favorite band. From the time Ten came out, something about their sound just struck a chord in me.

I'm still their biggest fan and had the pleasure of seeing them in Philly last month. It was awesome and left me ready for more. I was very excited to hear that they were going to air the PJ show from ACL. I haven't seen it yet, but reading your blog was a good start. That is such a neat video! Thanks for posting it so we could all see.

December 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Thanks, Hillery! I'm glad we could help to pass along this video to PJ fans!!!

Post a Comment